I lead Turke & Strauss’ class action litigation practice, bringing claims on behalf of consumers to remedy violations of consumer protection laws, consumers’ right to privacy, data breach laws and product liability laws, among others. Our team litigates these cases in state and federal courts across the country, pitting us against the largest law firms and biggest corporations in the US. I strongly believe that collective and class action litigation is an important tool in our legal system that protects individuals where they would otherwise be powerless to effect change.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. (2011), magna cum laude
- Tulane University, B.S.M. (2008), summa cum laude
- Minnesota State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Over the years, I have litigated class actions on behalf of consumers for a wide variety of legal violations including product mislabeling and false advertising, product liability, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA), and Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA”), and state right to privacy laws. Representative cases include:
Consumer Protection Cases
- In Spindler v. GM, LLC (N.D. Cal.) and Emmrich v. GM, LLC (N.D. Ill.), Turke & Strauss brought claims against General Motors for a defect that results in certain vehicles being unable to shift into park.
- In Hudock v. LG Electronics USA, Inc. (D. Minn.), I represented purchasers of certain LG LED televisions in litigation against LG Electronics USA, Inc. and Best Buy alleging that they falsely advertised the refresh rates of those televisions, in violation of state consumer protection statutes.
- I co-lead a team prosecuting TCPA claims in Baldwin v. Miracle-Ear, Inc. (D. Minn.) alleging that Miracle-Ear and its franchisee engaged in telemarketing in violation of the TCPA.
- In Goodell v. Van Tuyl Group (D. Ariz.), Turke & Strauss is litigating TCPA claims against a Berkshire Hathaway company alleging that it engages in illegal telemarketing through its car dealerships in the Phoenix area.
- Turke & Strauss is currently litigating BIPA claims against Respondus, Inc. and various Illinois universities that illegally captured college students’ biometric data when forced to sue remote proctoring for exams, including the following cases:
- Bridges v. Respondus, Inc. (N.D. Ill.)
- Patterson v. Respondus, Inc. (N.D. Ill.)
- Harvey v. Resurrection University (N.D. Ill.)
- Johnson v. Chamberlain (Cook County, Ill.)
Right to Privacy
- Turke & Strauss is currently litigating right to privacy claims against various websites that use individuals’ personal information to advertise paid subscriptions to their websites, including classmates.com, zoominfo.com, and spokeo.com.:
- Boshears v. PeopleConnect, Inc. (W.D. Wash.)
- Martinez v. ZoomInfo, Inc. (W.D. Wash.)
- Kellman v. Spokeo, Inc. (N.D. Cal.)
- Turke & Strauss is currently litigating data breach cases on behalf of the victims of data breaches around the country, including in the following matters:
- In re Netgain Data Breach (D. Minn.)
- Benedetto v. Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas)
- Daum v. K&B Surgical Center LLC (Superior Court of California, Los Angeles County)
Prior to joining Turke & Strauss in 2021, I was an attorney at Gustafson Gluek, PLLC, a class action boutique in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Representation of pro se litigants
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
Honors and Recognitions
- Selected as a Minnesota Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2014-2020)
- Named a North Star Lawyer by the Minnesota State Bar Association (2012-2015; 2018)
- Spending time with my husband and our two daughters.
- Baking challenging but scrumptious desserts.
- Reading the literary equivalent of a rom-com.